Back to FAQ: HURRICANES, TYPHOONS AND TROPICAL CYCLONES (Part 2 of 2)
Are you an expert in this area? Share your knowledge and earn expert points by giving answers or rating people's questions and answers! This section of FAQS.ORG is not sanctioned in any way by FAQ authors or maintainers.
Questions strongly related to this FAQ:
- 1)how does the cyclone develope?
2)where does the cyclone happen most often?
3)what time... by tina (5/6/2004)
- what are typhoons? by Gretchen (1/8/2004)
- when does a cyclone occur by bon (3/29/2006)
- How fast are typhoons? by trevor (5/3/2004)
- Which way does a Hurricane, Typhon and Cyclone spin. by Ashleigh (2/22/2007)
- How does a hurricane happen? by fianna (10/31/2004)
- Where do typhoons hit? by Nobody_none (2/12/2005)
- How are cyclones measured? by karen (5/5/2004)
- pictures of hurricane Isabel by katey (9/17/2003)
- how and why pressure is related to storm by iyah (3/2/2006)
- How often do twisters and hurricans happen in the U.S.? by Tinted (6/5/2007)
- how do cyclones form
by james (3/30/2004)
- where do typhoons form and how? by Tazz (10/24/2003)
- What months are most likely to have Hurricanes in gulf side of Florida? by Brenda (5/30/2007)
- how big do title waves get, and how big do tsunamis get?
ex: 10-50 feet; meters;... by Some 1 special (1/21/2004)
- why are you here!?! oh my god i have know idea what i am doing here
laugh out loud...catc... by adouguin (6/16/2005)
- How do HURRICANES, TYPHOONS AND TROPICAL CYCLONES Form? by me (9/19/2003)
- What do typhoons, hurricanes and cyclones started and end? by Cheng Choon Yiang (6/28/2004)
- what are some of the tropical cyclones that have effected the south west pacific in the... by Lisa (5/6/2004)
- Tropical cyclones tend to move? by GG (7/24/2003)
- How many hurricanes have hit the US in the past 12 months? by Matt (9/22/2005)
- what are five types of storms that can destroy a house? How? Why? by alfred smith (7/23/2003)
- What is the difference between cyclone, hurricane and typhoon? by lea (9/14/2003)
- why are cyclones called cyclones by ben (11/20/2006)
- How many named cyclones have occured this year 2005 world wide.. please let me know
... by Krstguy (9/14/2005)
- what are hurricanes exactly by ale (5/10/2004)
- what was the wost tropical storm in history?
by loni (2/11/2005)
- Where could I find some weather data on one of the worst tornadoes, and what was the... by jannieke (5/3/2004)
- what is an australian tropical cyclone called? It has to start with a W and end in a... by justin (9/15/2003)
- How long do typhoons last? by jen (11/17/2006)
- what is the differece between a hurricane and a tornadoe? by ems (11/28/2005)
- what is the list of largest hurricanes in the world? by jessie (9/18/2003)
- what is the difference between a tropical storm and a hurricane? by monkey (9/3/2003)
- What is the differences between hurricanes,typhoons,cyclones,tornadoes, and tsunamis? by Gbabylex (2/17/2005)
- How do cyclones form? by Daddy\\\'slilgirl (2/15/2005)
- What will be the first signs of hurricane Isabel's approach along the East coast of the... by lolli (9/18/2003)
- Why have tornadoes raised in numbers, every year? by the man (5/7/2006)
- how have people protected themselves against tropical cyclones by Charlie (4/4/2004)
- When was the first recorded named typhoon? If you know its name, please tell me. by Chinadude (10/27/2003)
- definition of tropical cyclone by kasilda (9/26/2005)
- What damage does a typhoon do?
How strong are typhoons winds?
When do typhoons... by ~Blondet~ (11/17/2005)
- please tell me if there is any difference between hurricanes, typhoons, and cyclones... by Aleischa (11/9/2004)
- How can people protect their selves from cyclones?
by Megan (5/5/2005)
- Why do typhoons occur? I may sound like an idiot but I do not care! There are other... by totally clueless (5/5/2004)
- where do typhoons mostly occur at? i know that there occur in water but were mostly. by hotrod (1/4/2005)
- What were the wind speeds inside of Tropical Storm Alison? by Sebastian Grady (4/3/2004)
- what is the difference between a hurricane and a typhoon??? by kimberly (9/22/2005)
- what day month and year was hurricane Gert on by jenny (5/4/2004)
- what are the typhoons that happened last 5-10 years in the world by no one (2/14/2007)
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LOW PRESSURE AREA AND A CYCLONE? by VIC (7/24/2003)
- what is the comparisons between hurricane Mitch and hurricane Gilbert? by koddac (9/23/2005)
- how do cyclones get their names?
by sezz (4/14/2006)
- What is the difference between a TROPICAL STORM A HURRICANE AND A ORDINARY STORM. by Quinnae (9/12/2003)
- what causes typhoons? by me (10/24/2004)
- Cyclones that have occured in the Asia Pacific region in the last fifty years by Kat544 (10/11/2004)
- How many hurricanes have hit the US??? by sos8 (9/5/2005)
- how do typhoons occur? and what makes them occur? by angel (12/1/2005)
- Please answer my question??? What are the effects after a typhoon? by Kate (1/9/2006)
- Which Way does a hurricane rotate(spin)? by mere (5/2/2007)
- what is one of longest lasting tornadoes ever?
by c (3/18/2006)
- when and how hurricane it last by dindo (1/25/2004)
- Where are the main areas where you would find hurricanes? by Adam_773 (6/20/2005)
- how do cyclones form?
by nkn (3/31/2004)
- does any one know how big a title wave can get? by Clover (1/21/2004)
- why do hurricanes tend to move westward in the subtropics?
by julie (1/20/2004)
- Why do tropical cyclone's do not form very close to the equator? by Em (8/24/2003)
- Will in the Future people try to stop cyclones? by C.B.V!!!! (7/29/2003)
- When is a midlatitude cyclone at it's strongest? by Margaret E. Gines (1/9/2004)
- how and why do hurricanes;typhoons @ cyclones form? by boo (2/5/2004)
- How has hurricane isabel affected the Atlantic ocean? Will u send me a website to go to so... by sos (10/1/2003)
- The tropical storm/hurricane symbol resembles a 6 and 9 together. It illustrates the... by muppie (10/1/2003)
- what are the differences of a cyclone, tornado, hurricane and twisters? by the dog (6/6/2006)
- where can I find a website about asia and the pacific by lightning (10/2/2003)
- 1. Can you give me 5 places where you can find the twister.
2. Difference between a... by Baby (2/16/2004)
- How do different tropical cyclones get their name?
by Riva Consolacion (10/2/2003)
- why do cyclones occur?
by me (3/18/2004)
- How does a tropical cyclone develope by anees (3/3/2004)
- how does a cyclone form? by derek luk (1/18/2007)
- how does a cyclone happen
by luk (1/18/2007)
- how does a cyclone happen
by luk (1/18/2007)
- How does a cyclone happen? by Derek (1/18/2007)
- yeah im talking about asssssssss an poop by pooooooooooooooooooooooooop!!!!!!!!!!!! (4/16/2007)
- Which way does a hurricane spin? and which way does a typhoon spin? by Karry (6/11/2006)
- What actually causes a Tropical Cyclone to start? by Kell (10/20/2003)
- yeah im talking about poo yeah you know that by geet (4/16/2007)
- How many hurricanes are there that are named? by donny (10/11/2005)
- how do tornadoes happen by Zaineb (7/26/2006)
- Does anybody have photos of tropical cyclones not satellite pictures but actually photos? by I_kick_ass (2/17/2004)
- why are hurricans named by buggie (12/19/2005)
- What is the difference between a moonsoon and a typhoon? by el (10/12/2005)
- What are the similarities and differences between tornados and waterspouts?
by Anna (9/21/2006)
- what happens in a cyclone by rachel (5/15/2006)
- how can you survive a cyclone? by steanne and me (5/15/2006)
- is it true that if a tropical storm is over 74 mph it is classed as a hurricane by joe hovers (5/19/2004)
- list Atlantic coast hurricanes, by year, since 1930 by Ric (9/25/2003)
- how do cyclones occur? by spam0605 (1/13/2005)
- how many hurricanes hit the U.S. in 2005 by eagle (5/22/2006)
- What's the difference between a tropical storm, a cyclone, and a hurricane? by fsfaggaeahh (12/11/2003)
- what is the differences in destruction between hurricanes and tsunamis? by felix (12/12/2005)
- How are typhoons formed?
by vanilla115 (12/10/2003)
- How does a Cyclone start? by justin beauvais (11/8/2005)
- How fast do Hurricanes spin? by Colten (10/10/2005)
- when do hurricans mostly occur? by moni (11/8/2005)
- What kind of tracking do we have for hurricanes and cyclones? by tweety bird3865 (4/24/2004)
- where do cyclones get their names?? by charli (11/23/2004)
- How and where do tropical storms occur? by nikki (3/3/2004)
- How/why did Hurricane Gilbert form? by Mike (1/22/2007)
- where do cyclones happen?
when do cyclones happen?
how do cyclones happen?
Are... by topher (12/8/2003)
- what causes a cyclone to happen? by Jessica (5/30/2006)
- how many hurricanes on average hit the us each year???? by luna (5/21/2004)
- Do hurricanes growth more intense during the night hours or day the day hours? by Mike (4/12/2004)
- why do hurricans occur in the east coast by joe (3/3/2005)
- what is the cause from a cyclone? by justin beauvais (11/9/2005)
- How was a typhoon named?
by pp (5/30/2004)
- how do cyclones happen? by bla (8/18/2003)
- What are cyclones? by Angela (3/14/2004)
- What was the name of tropical Typhoon in China sea October 1958 by Ferg (10/12/2003)
- Where in the world are cyclones found and why are these areas prone to these disasters? by Angela (3/14/2004)
- what cyclones is occured in australia since 1980 by kobra (2/24/2004)
- How Do Hurricanes effect humans by bob (8/25/2004)
- How many cyclones occur in Australia per year? by chris (10/13/2003)
- Why didn't we see much lightning during Hurricane Isabel? Or was it just not talked... by alison (10/13/2003)
- How long do hurricanes last?
by timothy (10/13/2003)
- Hey ya'll
Wat could u tell meh bout title waves?
by Ruby (6/1/2004)
- what is the difference between a tornado, typhoon, cyclone and hurricane? by Marianne (8/30/2006)
- WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HURRICANE AND A CYCLONE? by steve (1/18/2006)
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TITLE WAVE AND A TSUNAMI by kay (1/20/2005)
- How does a tornado develope?
by Coty (11/1/2005)
- Which are the cities in Florida that have more Hurricanes in History and what are the... by Rick (4/11/2004)
- where do cyclones happen mostly around the world? can u please show a map! by someone (7/20/2006)
- WHAT IS A "TYPHOONS/MONSOONS?"
by JOSH RAMSEY (12/20/2004)
- why do hurricanes form? what is the Earth's reason for them? by someone (9/11/2004)
- how does a hurricane stop? by sean (12/9/2004)
- there topical storm in Kenya? by cath (11/9/2003)
- there are hurricane, thunderstorms, tornado, and tropical storms in Kenya?
by cath (11/9/2003)
- What processes produce Tropical Cyclones?
by kita (7/14/2006)
- How often do Tropical Cyclones occur? by kita (7/14/2006)
- Where is the south-West Pacific? by kita (7/14/2006)
- Why does a cyclone happen
by Monie (3/27/2007)
- how does hurricane Trudy form and where it happen? by jen (1/23/2006)
- Where do waterspouts usaully occur in the world?
by Anna (9/21/2006)
- How is a water spout formed? by Anna (9/21/2006)
- how fast do cyclones spin? by beacky (5/26/2005)
- Which part of the USA did hurricane Isabel hit? by Angel (10/6/2003)
- what is the difference between a hurricane, cyclone and a monsoon? by hayley (4/21/2004)
- name all hurricanes that have hit the u.s.a since 1983 through 2003 by amoco (8/14/2003)
- what is the difference beween a tornado and a cycolne
by stephanie (10/24/2005)
- how are hurricanes identified? by c-mac (4/21/2004)
- what was the name of the storm that was headed towards Galveston Texas in 1981 and burnt... by Ken (8/15/2003)
- I'm a novelist working on a book set in eastern North Carolina during the 1954 hurricane... by trudy (7/3/2003)
- What is the difference between a hurricane, typhoon,cyclone,and tornado? by Sam (2/20/2004)
- What is the max speed of a cyclones
by Campbell (3/2/2004)
- How can you tell, how many tropical storms happened, in America? by nush (9/6/2006)
- how big is a cyclone? thanks guys! by bec (11/5/2005)
- How do hurricanes get their names? by danielle (5/30/2005)
- what causes typhoons by bunnie (4/8/2004)
- How do typhoons form? by Dude (11/19/2003)
- What is the difference between a title wave and a tsunami? by Kyle (1/10/2007)
- how are hurricanes measured by teri (10/9/2003)
- How are cyclones measured? by sassy234 (3/31/2005)
- Where can I find information on Hurricane Erika by mel (11/20/2003)
- How can you be protected by cyclones? by nats (10/8/2003)
- How are typhoons formed? by sara (8/29/2003)
- how fast does a cyclone spin by anna (8/16/2005)
- When, and how often do typhoons occur? by !xobile (1/14/2006)
- How much rain fell during the Hurricane Isobel? by Yuny (9/24/2003)
- Prevailing weather conditions for a 'tropical cyclone'? by *manda* (3/23/2004)
- Why are storms out at sea called hurricanes and typhoons? by kyonna (9/24/2003)
- how does hurricane develope? by mtra (12/14/2004)
- how does hurricanes got its name? by Huckeberry (10/2/2005)
- Where can i find information about australian cyclones that have occured in the last two... by emzy (9/23/2003)
Questions somewhat related to this FAQ:
- Can you give information on the tropical cyclone in Bangladesh in 1998? by emma (1/7/2004)
- Why does the wind of a hurricane spin clockwise, then counter clockwise?
by Taylor (3/25/2004)
- what do you do as a tropical cyclone is passing???
by cezza (5/13/2004)
- - Define the difference between a tsunami, hurricane, cyclone,... by clinx (4/25/2007)
- what was the last tropical cyclone recorded in bangladesh
by t (6/9/2004)
- I would like info regarding previous hurricane info and names, on the Atlantic seaboard in... by k (9/20/2003)
- vulnerable areas of cyclones by Ash (6/13/2007)
- How does a cyclone happen?
by Kym-Michelle Ole (3/24/2006)
- what are the safest cities to live in Florida to escape hurricanes? by alvan (9/11/2003)
- is there any difference between typhoons, hurricanes, cyclones or tropical storms? by Clover (1/20/2004)
- why was typhoon Gilbert the most dangerous of them all? by alyssa (5/1/2007)
- HOW DOES HURRICANES GET THEIR NAMES?
HOW DOES HURRICANES GET THEIR CATEORY? by kimmy (12/1/2005)
- How fast and in what direction is hurricane Fabian traveling? by Reesie (9/4/2003)
- With way does a typhoon spin ? by lil dog (5/10/2004)
- How do hurricans get their names?
by Gizzy (9/21/2005)
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WIND TEMPUTURES BETWEEN A HURRICANE AND A MONSOON by NJ (1/11/2006)
- what was the biggest title wave by ifhye hjfgsdebrjfy (6/24/2004)
- wat isthe difference between a cyclone and a hurricane? by ranga (6/6/2006)
- what would a persons occupation be if he/she tracked hurricanes and what might be some... by ranga (6/6/2006)
- what are the stages a hurricane goes through? by ranga (6/6/2006)
- how does a cyclone form? by Ali (2/14/2006)
- How do hurricans form? by tiger woods (6/6/2006)
- can anyone tell me,what type of weather is it in each state,ie what states have hurricanes... by caz (11/2/2003)
- what is the size difference between a title wave and a tsunami by christie (5/16/2006)
- where are tropical cyclones formed by brendan (1/24/2005)
- Where can I find graphical comparisons on hurricane Mitch and hurricane Gilbert? by D (4/26/2004)
- How does a typhoon happen? by Kalju (8/13/2004)
- How bad actually was Hurican Isobel 2003????? by EJ (9/28/2003)
- What is a cyclone??? by Lora (3/3/2004)
- where do tsunamis generally occur? by anonymous6824 (12/14/2005)
- where does typhoon happen?
by FOUR (5/30/2006)
- Where do typhoons occur? by Susannah (11/8/2005)
- what is the difference between cyclones and tornadoes by Linkschibob (2/25/2004)
- what is a typhoon called in australia by uk shyam (2/26/2004)
- Why did they name the hurricane, Hurricane Camille? by mille (6/13/2004)
- how does a cyclone form? by mart (8/14/2003)
- what is the process that causes tropical storms? by lilmissattitude (8/15/2003)
- what are cyclones, typhoons, monsoons, hurricanes, waterspouts, twisters, la nina and el... by sally (11/23/2003)
- What are Tsunamis and why do they occur? by Omie (9/20/2004)
- I have an important high school report to do on tropical storms and I was wondering if you... by LUcKy13 (5/29/2004)
- how many people have died in a cyclone and what was the damage by hotshot (11/20/2003)
- information about the hurricanes on the windward islands by dioni (7/10/2003)
- why does the hurricane eye exist by aman (4/27/2004)
Other questions awaiting answers: