Back to FAQ: HURRICANES, TYPHOONS AND TROPICAL CYCLONES (Part 2 of 2)
Are you an expert in this area? Share your knowledge and earn expert points by giving answers or rating people's questions and answers! This section of FAQS.ORG is not sanctioned in any way by FAQ authors or maintainers.
Questions strongly related to this FAQ:
- How/why did Hurricane Gilbert form? by Mike (1/22/2007)
- what causes typhoons? by me (10/24/2004)
- Why does a cyclone happen
by Monie (3/27/2007)
- Where can I find information on Hurricane Erika by mel (11/20/2003)
- how does hurricane develope? by mtra (12/14/2004)
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A TITLE WAVE AND A TSUNAMI by kay (1/20/2005)
- What were the wind speeds inside of Tropical Storm Alison? by Sebastian Grady (4/3/2004)
- Which way does a Hurricane, Typhon and Cyclone spin. by Ashleigh (2/22/2007)
- what is the differences in destruction between hurricanes and tsunamis? by felix (12/12/2005)
- how does a hurricane stop? by sean (12/9/2004)
- How are typhoons formed? by sara (8/29/2003)
- 1)how does the cyclone develope?
2)where does the cyclone happen most often?
3)what time... by tina (5/6/2004)
- what is one of longest lasting tornadoes ever?
by c (3/18/2006)
- Tropical cyclones tend to move? by GG (7/24/2003)
- What do typhoons, hurricanes and cyclones started and end? by Cheng Choon Yiang (6/28/2004)
- WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HURRICANE AND A CYCLONE? by steve (1/18/2006)
- What is the difference between a hurricane, typhoon,cyclone,and tornado? by Sam (2/20/2004)
- WHAT IS A "TYPHOONS/MONSOONS?"
by JOSH RAMSEY (12/20/2004)
- When is a midlatitude cyclone at it's strongest? by Margaret E. Gines (1/9/2004)
- Cyclones that have occured in the Asia Pacific region in the last fifty years by Kat544 (10/11/2004)
- What is the differences between hurricanes,typhoons,cyclones,tornadoes, and tsunamis? by Gbabylex (2/17/2005)
- what happens in a cyclone by rachel (5/15/2006)
- how can you survive a cyclone? by steanne and me (5/15/2006)
- how have people protected themselves against tropical cyclones by Charlie (4/4/2004)
- what is the differece between a hurricane and a tornadoe? by ems (11/28/2005)
- What actually causes a Tropical Cyclone to start? by Kell (10/20/2003)
- What is the max speed of a cyclones
by Campbell (3/2/2004)
- where do typhoons form and how? by Tazz (10/24/2003)
- why are cyclones called cyclones by ben (11/20/2006)
- where do cyclones get their names?? by charli (11/23/2004)
- 1. Can you give me 5 places where you can find the twister.
2. Difference between a... by Baby (2/16/2004)
- what are some of the tropical cyclones that have effected the south west pacific in the... by Lisa (5/6/2004)
- what causes typhoons by bunnie (4/8/2004)
- How does a hurricane happen? by fianna (10/31/2004)
- How long do typhoons last? by jen (11/17/2006)
- How do typhoons form? by Dude (11/19/2003)
- Will in the Future people try to stop cyclones? by C.B.V!!!! (7/29/2003)
- Where could I find some weather data on one of the worst tornadoes, and what was the... by jannieke (5/3/2004)
- How does a tropical cyclone develope by anees (3/3/2004)
- How can you tell, how many tropical storms happened, in America? by nush (9/6/2006)
- Why do tropical cyclone's do not form very close to the equator? by Em (8/24/2003)
- Where do typhoons hit? by Nobody_none (2/12/2005)
- why are hurricans named by buggie (12/19/2005)
- how do cyclones occur? by spam0605 (1/13/2005)
- when does a cyclone occur by bon (3/29/2006)
- When was the first recorded named typhoon? If you know its name, please tell me. by Chinadude (10/27/2003)
- please tell me if there is any difference between hurricanes, typhoons, and cyclones... by Aleischa (11/9/2004)
- how do cyclones happen? by bla (8/18/2003)
- why do hurricanes form? what is the Earth's reason for them? by someone (9/11/2004)
- what was the wost tropical storm in history?
by loni (2/11/2005)
- what are typhoons? by Gretchen (1/8/2004)
- where do cyclones happen mostly around the world? can u please show a map! by someone (7/20/2006)
- what is the difference between a tornado, typhoon, cyclone and hurricane? by Marianne (8/30/2006)
- How Do Hurricanes effect humans by bob (8/25/2004)
- what is the difference between a tropical storm and a hurricane? by monkey (9/3/2003)
- how do typhoons occur? and what makes them occur? by angel (12/1/2005)
- How are cyclones measured? by karen (5/5/2004)
- why do hurricans occur in the east coast by joe (3/3/2005)
- how do cyclones get their names?
by sezz (4/14/2006)
- Why do typhoons occur? I may sound like an idiot but I do not care! There are other... by totally clueless (5/5/2004)
- How fast are typhoons? by trevor (5/3/2004)
- How and where do tropical storms occur? by nikki (3/3/2004)
- Does anybody have photos of tropical cyclones not satellite pictures but actually photos? by I_kick_ass (2/17/2004)
- What damage does a typhoon do?
How strong are typhoons winds?
When do typhoons... by ~Blondet~ (11/17/2005)
- What months are most likely to have Hurricanes in gulf side of Florida? by Brenda (5/30/2007)
- where do typhoons mostly occur at? i know that there occur in water but were mostly. by hotrod (1/4/2005)
- what day month and year was hurricane Gert on by jenny (5/4/2004)
- name all hurricanes that have hit the u.s.a since 1983 through 2003 by amoco (8/14/2003)
- how many hurricanes hit the U.S. in 2005 by eagle (5/22/2006)
- what cyclones is occured in australia since 1980 by kobra (2/24/2004)
- How do cyclones form? by Daddy\\\'slilgirl (2/15/2005)
- what was the name of the storm that was headed towards Galveston Texas in 1981 and burnt... by Ken (8/15/2003)
- how are hurricanes identified? by c-mac (4/21/2004)
- Which Way does a hurricane rotate(spin)? by mere (5/2/2007)
- How much rain fell during the Hurricane Isobel? by Yuny (9/24/2003)
- what are the typhoons that happened last 5-10 years in the world by no one (2/14/2007)
- Why are storms out at sea called hurricanes and typhoons? by kyonna (9/24/2003)
- How fast do Hurricanes spin? by Colten (10/10/2005)
- How was a typhoon named?
by pp (5/30/2004)
- where do cyclones happen?
when do cyclones happen?
how do cyclones happen?
Are... by topher (12/8/2003)
- how do tornadoes happen by Zaineb (7/26/2006)
- how big is a cyclone? thanks guys! by bec (11/5/2005)
- why do hurricanes tend to move westward in the subtropics?
by julie (1/20/2004)
- Where can i find information about australian cyclones that have occured in the last two... by emzy (9/23/2003)
- yeah im talking about asssssssss an poop by pooooooooooooooooooooooooop!!!!!!!!!!!! (4/16/2007)
- yeah im talking about poo yeah you know that by geet (4/16/2007)
- When, and how often do typhoons occur? by !xobile (1/14/2006)
- what is the difference between a hurricane, cyclone and a monsoon? by hayley (4/21/2004)
- How many hurricanes are there that are named? by donny (10/11/2005)
- when do hurricans mostly occur? by moni (11/8/2005)
- How does a Cyclone start? by justin beauvais (11/8/2005)
- I'm a novelist working on a book set in eastern North Carolina during the 1954 hurricane... by trudy (7/3/2003)
- What is the difference between a title wave and a tsunami? by Kyle (1/10/2007)
- How does a cyclone happen? by Derek (1/18/2007)
- how big do title waves get, and how big do tsunamis get?
ex: 10-50 feet; meters;... by Some 1 special (1/21/2004)
- there topical storm in Kenya? by cath (11/9/2003)
- there are hurricane, thunderstorms, tornado, and tropical storms in Kenya?
by cath (11/9/2003)
- how fast does a cyclone spin by anna (8/16/2005)
- list Atlantic coast hurricanes, by year, since 1930 by Ric (9/25/2003)
- How often do twisters and hurricans happen in the U.S.? by Tinted (6/5/2007)
- How can people protect their selves from cyclones?
by Megan (5/5/2005)
- how does a cyclone happen
by luk (1/18/2007)
- why do cyclones occur?
by me (3/18/2004)
- does any one know how big a title wave can get? by Clover (1/21/2004)
- how does a cyclone happen
by luk (1/18/2007)
- how does a cyclone form? by derek luk (1/18/2007)
- how and why pressure is related to storm by iyah (3/2/2006)
- how does hurricane Trudy form and where it happen? by jen (1/23/2006)
- How can you be protected by cyclones? by nats (10/8/2003)
- Why have tornadoes raised in numbers, every year? by the man (5/7/2006)
- What was the name of tropical Typhoon in China sea October 1958 by Ferg (10/12/2003)
- what is the list of largest hurricanes in the world? by jessie (9/18/2003)
- Where are the main areas where you would find hurricanes? by Adam_773 (6/20/2005)
- What will be the first signs of hurricane Isabel's approach along the East coast of the... by lolli (9/18/2003)
- What is the difference between cyclone, hurricane and typhoon? by lea (9/14/2003)
- How do hurricanes get their names? by danielle (5/30/2005)
- What processes produce Tropical Cyclones?
by kita (7/14/2006)
- Why didn't we see much lightning during Hurricane Isabel? Or was it just not talked... by alison (10/13/2003)
- What kind of tracking do we have for hurricanes and cyclones? by tweety bird3865 (4/24/2004)
- why are you here!?! oh my god i have know idea what i am doing here
laugh out loud...catc... by adouguin (6/16/2005)
- What's the difference between a tropical storm, a cyclone, and a hurricane? by fsfaggaeahh (12/11/2003)
- How does a tornado develope?
by Coty (11/1/2005)
- what is an australian tropical cyclone called? It has to start with a W and end in a... by justin (9/15/2003)
- pictures of hurricane Isabel by katey (9/17/2003)
- what causes a cyclone to happen? by Jessica (5/30/2006)
- How many cyclones occur in Australia per year? by chris (10/13/2003)
- how and why do hurricanes;typhoons @ cyclones form? by boo (2/5/2004)
- Hey ya'll
Wat could u tell meh bout title waves?
by Ruby (6/1/2004)
- Do hurricanes growth more intense during the night hours or day the day hours? by Mike (4/12/2004)
- What is the difference between a moonsoon and a typhoon? by el (10/12/2005)
- What is the difference between a TROPICAL STORM A HURRICANE AND A ORDINARY STORM. by Quinnae (9/12/2003)
- Which way does a hurricane spin? and which way does a typhoon spin? by Karry (6/11/2006)
- how are hurricanes measured by teri (10/9/2003)
- What are cyclones? by Angela (3/14/2004)
- Where in the world are cyclones found and why are these areas prone to these disasters? by Angela (3/14/2004)
- How are typhoons formed?
by vanilla115 (12/10/2003)
- How do HURRICANES, TYPHOONS AND TROPICAL CYCLONES Form? by me (9/19/2003)
- How long do hurricanes last?
by timothy (10/13/2003)
- how fast do cyclones spin? by beacky (5/26/2005)
- Where is the south-West Pacific? by kita (7/14/2006)
- what are hurricanes exactly by ale (5/10/2004)
- How often do Tropical Cyclones occur? by kita (7/14/2006)
- what is the difference beween a tornado and a cycolne
by stephanie (10/24/2005)
- how do cyclones form
by james (3/30/2004)
- is it true that if a tropical storm is over 74 mph it is classed as a hurricane by joe hovers (5/19/2004)
- Which part of the USA did hurricane Isabel hit? by Angel (10/6/2003)
- Where do waterspouts usaully occur in the world?
by Anna (9/21/2006)
- How many named cyclones have occured this year 2005 world wide.. please let me know
... by Krstguy (9/14/2005)
- How are cyclones measured? by sassy234 (3/31/2005)
- The tropical storm/hurricane symbol resembles a 6 and 9 together. It illustrates the... by muppie (10/1/2003)
- what are five types of storms that can destroy a house? How? Why? by alfred smith (7/23/2003)
- How is a water spout formed? by Anna (9/21/2006)
- what are the differences of a cyclone, tornado, hurricane and twisters? by the dog (6/6/2006)
- How do different tropical cyclones get their name?
by Riva Consolacion (10/2/2003)
- How many hurricanes have hit the US??? by sos8 (9/5/2005)
- definition of tropical cyclone by kasilda (9/26/2005)
- what is the comparisons between hurricane Mitch and hurricane Gilbert? by koddac (9/23/2005)
- where can I find a website about asia and the pacific by lightning (10/2/2003)
- How many hurricanes have hit the US in the past 12 months? by Matt (9/22/2005)
- Please answer my question??? What are the effects after a typhoon? by Kate (1/9/2006)
- Which are the cities in Florida that have more Hurricanes in History and what are the... by Rick (4/11/2004)
- Prevailing weather conditions for a 'tropical cyclone'? by *manda* (3/23/2004)
- How has hurricane isabel affected the Atlantic ocean? Will u send me a website to go to so... by sos (10/1/2003)
- how many hurricanes on average hit the us each year???? by luna (5/21/2004)
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A LOW PRESSURE AREA AND A CYCLONE? by VIC (7/24/2003)
- how do cyclones form?
by nkn (3/31/2004)
- when and how hurricane it last by dindo (1/25/2004)
- what is the cause from a cyclone? by justin beauvais (11/9/2005)
- What are the similarities and differences between tornados and waterspouts?
by Anna (9/21/2006)
- what is the difference between a hurricane and a typhoon??? by kimberly (9/22/2005)
- how does hurricanes got its name? by Huckeberry (10/2/2005)
Questions somewhat related to this FAQ:
- how many people have died in a cyclone and what was the damage by hotshot (11/20/2003)
- why does the hurricane eye exist by aman (4/27/2004)
- what is the difference between cyclones and tornadoes by Linkschibob (2/25/2004)
- Where can I find graphical comparisons on hurricane Mitch and hurricane Gilbert? by D (4/26/2004)
- How fast and in what direction is hurricane Fabian traveling? by Reesie (9/4/2003)
- where do tsunamis generally occur? by anonymous6824 (12/14/2005)
- what is a typhoon called in australia by uk shyam (2/26/2004)
- How does a typhoon happen? by Kalju (8/13/2004)
- where are tropical cyclones formed by brendan (1/24/2005)
- - Define the difference between a tsunami, hurricane, cyclone,... by clinx (4/25/2007)
- Can you give information on the tropical cyclone in Bangladesh in 1998? by emma (1/7/2004)
- what is the process that causes tropical storms? by lilmissattitude (8/15/2003)
- What are Tsunamis and why do they occur? by Omie (9/20/2004)
- HOW DOES HURRICANES GET THEIR NAMES?
HOW DOES HURRICANES GET THEIR CATEORY? by kimmy (12/1/2005)
- how does a cyclone form? by mart (8/14/2003)
- What is a cyclone??? by Lora (3/3/2004)
- what was the biggest title wave by ifhye hjfgsdebrjfy (6/24/2004)
- what is the size difference between a title wave and a tsunami by christie (5/16/2006)
- I have an important high school report to do on tropical storms and I was wondering if you... by LUcKy13 (5/29/2004)
- is there any difference between typhoons, hurricanes, cyclones or tropical storms? by Clover (1/20/2004)
- what are the safest cities to live in Florida to escape hurricanes? by alvan (9/11/2003)
- what are cyclones, typhoons, monsoons, hurricanes, waterspouts, twisters, la nina and el... by sally (11/23/2003)
- can anyone tell me,what type of weather is it in each state,ie what states have hurricanes... by caz (11/2/2003)
- vulnerable areas of cyclones by Ash (6/13/2007)
- where does typhoon happen?
by FOUR (5/30/2006)
- what was the last tropical cyclone recorded in bangladesh
by t (6/9/2004)
- what do you do as a tropical cyclone is passing???
by cezza (5/13/2004)
- information about the hurricanes on the windward islands by dioni (7/10/2003)
- I would like info regarding previous hurricane info and names, on the Atlantic seaboard in... by k (9/20/2003)
- why was typhoon Gilbert the most dangerous of them all? by alyssa (5/1/2007)
- With way does a typhoon spin ? by lil dog (5/10/2004)
- Why did they name the hurricane, Hurricane Camille? by mille (6/13/2004)
- wat isthe difference between a cyclone and a hurricane? by ranga (6/6/2006)
- what would a persons occupation be if he/she tracked hurricanes and what might be some... by ranga (6/6/2006)
- How do hurricans get their names?
by Gizzy (9/21/2005)
- How does a cyclone happen?
by Kym-Michelle Ole (3/24/2006)
- WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE WIND TEMPUTURES BETWEEN A HURRICANE AND A MONSOON by NJ (1/11/2006)
- Why does the wind of a hurricane spin clockwise, then counter clockwise?
by Taylor (3/25/2004)
- what are the stages a hurricane goes through? by ranga (6/6/2006)
- Where do typhoons occur? by Susannah (11/8/2005)
- how does a cyclone form? by Ali (2/14/2006)
- How bad actually was Hurican Isobel 2003????? by EJ (9/28/2003)
- How do hurricans form? by tiger woods (6/6/2006)
Other questions awaiting answers: