Re: Newsreader

---------

Nick (tanstaafl@pobox.com)
Tue, 25 May 1999 19:50:48 -0400

On Mon, 24 May 1999 16:15:06 -0500, Terry Ortman <tort@gmx.net> wrote:

>Here is the problem I have, AGENT 1.5 will NOT allow me to send my FAQ to
>the Faq-Server, I have to load the 16-bit version from my Windows 3.11
>directory to do this....

I've updated my FAQ (on the FAQ server) with the 32-bit version of Agent
numerous times, and haven't had any significant problems under Win95/98; no
experience with Win NT, though.

>I think something is screwed up in the 32-bit version, as the message is
>identical, the only difference is the 32-bit version always causes a header
>field error, in the newsgroup line, but the 16-bit version sends it fine.
>If Windows NT wouldn't run the 16-bit version I'd have a heck of a time
>sending in my updates.

For the newsgroup line, the only problem I ran into was Agent word-wrapping
it onto two lines, which will cause an error message from the FAQ server.
To fix it, I just temporarily change the line length in Agent's 'Posting
Preferences' from the normal '76' to '176' to update a FAQ, and then back to
'76' after I've sent the update off.

--
Nick        <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>

Scams and Hoaxes FAQ: Messages you DON'T want to post <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/scams>

Computer Virus FAQ for New Users <http://www.faqs.org/faqs/computer-virus/new-users>

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved