Re: Newsreader

---------

Terry Ortman (tort@gmx.net)
Mon, 24 May 1999 16:15:06 -0500

In your Agent.ini file, there is a field for show all headers, needs to be
set to 1...

Here is the problem I have, AGENT 1.5 will NOT allow me to send my FAQ to
the Faq-Server, I have to load the 16-bit version from my Windows 3.11
directory to do this....

I think something is screwed up in the 32-bit version, as the message is
identical, the only difference is the 32-bit version always causes a header
field error, in the newsgroup line, but the 16-bit version sends it fine.
If Windows NT wouldn't run the 16-bit version I'd have a heck of a time
sending in my updates.

It is located in the [Message} section as below, see the ShowAllFields=1,
that's it, whether Free Agent supports it or not, but scrolling down, here
is what you'll see, and I'm including the line as it is in my Agent 1.5
ini, they should basically be the same:

[Message]
UseFixedFont=0
WordWrap=0
IncludeOriginalText=1
QuotePrefix=">"
FollowUpString="On %date%, %from% wrote:\n"
MailReplyString="On %date%, in %newsgroups% you wrote:\n"
ForwardString="On %date%, in %newsgroups% %from% wrote:\n"
MailReplyMailString="On %date%, you wrote:\n"
ForwardMailString="On %date%, %from% wrote:\n"
ForwardQuotedSubject="(fwd) %subject%"
ForwardUnquotedSubject="(fwd) %subject%"
ForwardVerbatimSubject="(fwd) %subject%"
LineLength=132
WrapQP=1
SaveSentMessages=1
SendTagLine=0
GMTDates=1
CurrentGroupOnly=0
XpostAction=2
AllFields=0
ValidateNewsSubject=1
ValidateMailSubject=1
ValidateAddresses=1
ValidateLocalAddresses=1
ShowAllFields=1
ScrollLock=0
Overwrite=0
GenerateId=1
ShowButtons=0
SaveCloses=1
SignatureDelimiter="^--( )?$"

At 11:09 AM 5/24/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Due to temporary conditions beyond my control, I am forced to post the FAQ
>I maintain from my Windows NT machine. I normally use Free Agent as my
>newsreader, although I also have copies of Netscape Communicator and
>(shudder) Microsoft Outlook Express.
>
>The question? I can't figure out how to set headers like "Approved:"
>(necessary for postings to *.answers) or "X-no-archive:" on any of these
>three programs. Can anyone out there either help me to set headers with
>those programs or recommend another that runs on NT?
>
>Thanks, folks!
>

> -=- Gary -=-
>
>closed captioning FAQ: http://www.robson.org/capfaq/
>rec.woodworking FAQ: http://www.robson.org/woodfaq/
>personal Web site: http://www.robson.org/gary/

Are you paying more than $9.95 a month for internet access?

Are you paying for more than 2 Meg of Web Space for your pages?

Local Unlimited Internet Access with FREE UNLIMITED Web Space, only $9.95 a
month.
National ISP, we have more Local Dial-Up Accounts than AOL and AT&T. 800
number
service available in areas without local dialup access.

http://members.xoom.com/tort/vti.htm

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved