Re: Newsreader

---------

Terry Ortman (tort@gmx.net)
Tue, 25 May 1999 20:48:25 -0500

At 07:50 PM 5/25/99 -0400, you wrote:

>On Mon, 24 May 1999 16:15:06 -0500, Terry Ortman <tort@gmx.net> wrote:
>
>>Here is the problem I have, AGENT 1.5 will NOT allow me to send my FAQ to
>>the Faq-Server, I have to load the 16-bit version from my Windows 3.11
>>directory to do this....
>
>I've updated my FAQ (on the FAQ server) with the 32-bit version of Agent
>numerous times, and haven't had any significant problems under Win95/98; no
>experience with Win NT, though.
>
>>I think something is screwed up in the 32-bit version, as the message is
>>identical, the only difference is the 32-bit version always causes a header
>>field error, in the newsgroup line, but the 16-bit version sends it fine.
>>If Windows NT wouldn't run the 16-bit version I'd have a heck of a time
>>sending in my updates.
>
>For the newsgroup line, the only problem I ran into was Agent word-wrapping
>it onto two lines, which will cause an error message from the FAQ server.
>To fix it, I just temporarily change the line length in Agent's 'Posting
>Preferences' from the normal '76' to '176' to update a FAQ, and then back to
>'76' after I've sent the update off.

I have mine set to 132, same as the 16-bit version...

Running the 16-bit version under NT, no problem...

I have trtied increasing the line length to 255 even, Agent 32 will always
generate that error on the newsgroup line under NT.

>--
>Nick <mailto:tanstaafl@pobox.com>
>
>Scams and Hoaxes FAQ: Messages you DON'T want to post
><http://www.faqs.org/faqs/net-abuse-faq/scams>
>
>Computer Virus FAQ for New Users
><http://www.faqs.org/faqs/computer-virus/new-users>

Are you paying more than $9.95 a month for internet access?

Are you paying for more than 2 Meg of Web Space for your pages?

Local Unlimited Internet Access with FREE UNLIMITED Web Space, only $9.95 a
month.
National ISP, we have more Local Dial-Up Accounts than AOL and AT&T. 800
number
service available in areas without local dialup access.

http://members.xoom.com/tort/vti.htm

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved