Re: Age of Faqs - Determining factor

---------

Nick Boalch (nick@greenbeak.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 25 May 1999 19:50:16 +0100

In message <01010064.n0h0li@titipu.paleo.org>
edward@paleo.org (Edward Reid) wrote:
[snip]
> I don't believe we've run into a case where someone leaves
> an FAQ autoposting and then disappears.

It /does/ happen though - we in alt.fan.eddings had a case where our FAQ
maintainer lost her internet access, but the FAQ of course when on being
posted from deep in the bowels of MIT, slowly getting more and more out
of date...people were posting FAQ addendums and so on until we contacted
MIT and got them to suspend the posting.

The situation was so bad that it's taken us almost six months to update
the FAQ sufficiently that it's approaching readiness for submission to
news.answers once again...

Cheers,
Nick

--
Nick Boalch, Scaling Tall Buildings in a Single Bound by Appointment Only
email: nick@greenbeak.demon.co.uk // web: http://www.greenbeak.demon.co.uk/

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved