Re: future of RTFM *.answers archives

---------

Pamela Greene (pgreene@optics.rochester.edu)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 12:36:50 -0500 (EST)

Danny Faught wrote:

> This raises the issue of updating. There's a nice, automated process
> for updating the ASCII FAQs. For html submittals, we need something
> just as easy.

Automated, yes. Easy, okay, once it's set up. Nice? Not always,
unfortunately. Recently more and more Usenet sites have been imposing
strict limits on file length, newsgroup count, or other criteria which
are preventing legitimate FAQs from being distributed properly. If a
file doesn't reach MIT on the news feed, it doesn't get updated. For
some FAQs this is a significant problem.

--
- Pam Greene
one of the *.answers moderators

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved