FAQ Maintainers Mailing List
Re: [faq-maintainers] The Future of FAQ Posting

---------

From: Ping Huang (pshuang@alum.mit.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 10 2000 - 14:17:32 CST

nat@tiac.net wrote at Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:08:36 EST:

> This then leaves "moderation' chores to "approving" FAQs, some of
> which is already automated, and some maintenance on the server side
> itself.

'Moderation' chores is *already* largely approving new FAQ's, tracking
changes to existing FAQ's, and maintainance. The automatic FAQ poster
takes very little work from *.answers moderators to keep it going just
dandy on auto-pilot.

There's a distinction to be made between the tools available to the
*.answers moderators, which certainly could use updating, and the
tools available to FAQ maintainers for actually posting their FAQ's to
Usenet newsgroups (in an increasingly Web'ified world where high
quality news readers are falling by the wayside), which could also use
updating. But the lack of improvements in the latter are not really
causing the length of the queue for *.answers moderation. The tools
for *.answers moderation could be better, too, but I think the number
of active moderators is the real crux there for the moment.

--
Ping Huang <pshuang@alum.mit.edu>; info: http://web.mit.edu/pshuang/.plan
	Disclaimer: unless explicitly otherwise stated, my