FAQ Maintainers Mailing List
Re: [faq-maintainers] FAQ copier at work

---------

From: Michael Paul Johnson (mpj@ebible.org)
Date: Mon Aug 28 2000 - 01:18:58 CDT

At 11:13 PM 8/27/00 -0400, Heidi M. Anderson wrote:
> [...]

Although I replied (because I maintain several FAQs that seemed to be what he was interested in), it probably isn't worth your time to reply. I don't worry about people collecting my address, any more. I have a really good spam filter, and I need the legitimate input on the FAQs that I post to do a good job maintaining them. To get that input, I must publish my email address. When I do that, I get spam, some of which leaks through the filters.

>ps, anyone else getting duplicates of some list messages?

I'm not, but that is probably only because I totally unsubscribed all of my email addresses when this list first got resurrected, waited for the cries of outrage over the opt-out mailing list tactics to die down, then subscribed exactly one email address. (I maintain FAQs mailed out under 4 different email addresses to help me keep track of which one people are commenting on, but they all get routed back to one mailbox.) You might check to see if you are subscribed under both heidi@www.bmeworld.com and heidi@bmeworld.com, which are probably equivalent addresses. Send a message to majordomo@faqs.org with "who faq-maintainers" in the body of the message to find out which email addresses are on the list.