Re: getting newsgroup readers to look at an FAQ

---------

Angela Boyko (neptune@surfcity.nb.ca)
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 13:12:03

At 02:49 PM 3/18/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>I have also thought a FAQ-Webring might be nice. I get a lot of people
coming
>to my FAQ, because of the webrings it is a part of.
>Currently I co-manage the "Made with Notepad" and the "Gateway 2000 Cow
>Pasture" rings, I don't really have the time to start and run a new one.

You don't have to start a new one, there already is a FAQ webring!

Just got another e-mail from someone who obviously can't read too well - in
the alt.fan.harrison-ford FAQ, it explicitly states that we only give out
his manager's address for fan mail (and I wrote to her and asked for
permission to do so). I had to add a paragraph stating that if you e-mail
me personally I will either ignore you or direct you back to the FAQ. Well,
guess what, I just directed someone else back to the FAQ. How many of you
have this problem? We as a group protect his privacy for privacy's sake and
for security reasons.

Angela

* Coming at you from New Brunswick, Canada, eh? Via neptune@surfcity.nb.ca
* Visit my Vera-Ellen web page at
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4439/vera_ellen.html
* alt.fan.harrison-ford FAQ: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4439/ford_faq.html
* May the Force Be With You

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved