Re: HTML FAQs and dmoz.org

---------

Pamela Greene (pgreene@optics.rochester.edu)
Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:17:04 -0400 (EDT)

David Alex Lamb wrote:

> Whatever became of the hypothetical
> classification scheme for FAQs associated with the book project? We had an
> Information Retrieval grad student looking at it at one point.

It never went much of anywhere. Nancy McGough and I each proposed
recategorizations of the ~2500 FAQs in the archive, including the
creation of several new top-level directories and the renaming of a
large number of files, but it never got reviewed by anyone with any
expertise. A proposed major reorganization of the Archive-names has
been sitting in the news.answers "to do" bin (figuratively speaking)
literally for years.

- Pam Greene
one of the less active news.answers moderators

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved