Walnut Creek Revisited

---------

Pat Berry (pat@berry.Cary.NC.US)
Mon, 10 Apr 95 22:43:37 EDT

"P.J.Barrie" <ucca61b@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> I certainly don't want to spark off this mailing list with yet another
> debate over the pros and cons of Walnut Creek's Internet Info CD-ROM.
> However, the complimentary CD-ROM that they promised me, as an FAQ
> maintainer, has yet to arrive. Indeed, the one they promised me the
> previous year also didn't turn up.

Hmm. I did receive one this year, but my FAQ isn't on it. That in
itself doesn't surprise me, since I sent Walnut Creek a note objecting
to their policy of using FAQs without permission. (I would have granted
them permission instantly, but I wanted them to ask first.) But since
my FAQ doesn't appear on their CD, why did they send me a free copy?

A horrible suspicion just occurred to me. What if they confused Patrick
J. Barrie with Patrick M. Berry and sent me *your* complimentary CD? :)