	Hardy Mayer <hardy at golem.ps.uci.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 00:00:00 -0800

  There are several ways.

  1) The MH way.

  1a) In your Mail directory, create files that include your signature
      into the format of the message.

      ~/Mail/components:
	cc:
	Subject:
	--------

	Eric Ziegast		ziegast at uunet.uu.net
	UUNET Technologies	uunet!ziegast

      ~/Mail/replfmt
	body:component="> ",compwidth=2
	:--
	:Eric Ziegast      	ziegast at uunet.uu.net
	:UUNET Technologies	uunet!ziegast

     To use the replfmt file, add the following to your ~/.mh_profile:

       repl: -filter replfmt

     When comp is used, your signature is already there along with my
     headers. When repl is used, the mhl program takes the body of
     the letter you're replying to, prepends '> ' to each line and
     then adds your signature at the end (available after version
     6.7).

  1b) Create an "editor" which can be called from whatnow to add the
      signature when desired or create a frontend to post (use the
      .mh_profile line "postproc: postproc" to call it) that always
      appends the .signature file before calling post to mail the
      message. David J. Fiander <david at golem.uucp>, David A.
      Truesdell <truesdel at nas.nasa.gov> and Tom Wilmore <sastjw at
      unx.sas.com> have sample scripts to do these.

From: Jerry Peek <jpeek at jpeek.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 1992 00:00:00 -0800

  1c) mysend, a sendproc script, processes a message after "What now?
      send". See "What references exist for MH" to see where the MH
      book scripts can be ftped from. The script is explained in MH
      book Section 7.1.4 (13.13), or the URL:
      http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/book/mh/senove.html#ASAtDm

  2) Using your editor.  If you use vi, you can use something like:

       map S :r ~/.signature

     to load your signature out of .signature every time you
     hit 'S'.

  3) Use your windowing system. xterm, for example, can provide key
     and button mappings for the utterly lazy.

  4) If you use Emacs with MH-E:

  4a) C-c C-s will append the signature.

From: Andre Srinivasan <andre at neuronet.pitt.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 00:00:00 -0800

  4b) Add the following to your .emacs file:

	(add-hook 'mh-compose-letter-function
	    (function
	     (lambda(a b c)
	       (save-excursion
		 (goto-char (point-max))
		 (beginning-of-line)
		 (mh-insert-signature)))))

      This hook is called after the draft buffer has been initialized,
      but before you have a chance to type anything.

From: Tom Christiansen <tchrist at perl.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 00:00:00 -0800

  Tired of the same old signature? Want different signatures for
  different newsgroups? Here's a program to help you out.

  The way it works is to have .signature be a named pipe, so if you
  don't have named pipes, just say 'n'.

  The sigrand program then feeds stuff down the pipe every time
  someone wants to read it. That way it works for more than just news,
  but for anything that wants to read your .signature, like a mailer.

  You have your choice of three kinds of signatures:

      1) random (short) fortune from "fortune -s"; you get these if
	 you don't have a global sig file.
      2) random fortune from ~/News/SIGNATURES [global sig file]
      3) random fortune form ~/News/(newsgroup)/SIGNATURES [local sig files]

  Send mail if interested.

Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 00:00:00 -0800

  See also the Signature FAQ (see "What references exist for MH?").

Previous Document: 05.03 How can I eliminate duplicate copies of letters to myself?
Next Document: 05.05 How do I call my editor with arguments?