Next Document: 05.04 How can I include my signature?
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1991 13:03:15 -0800

  Add these two lines to your MH profile file:

    Alternate-Mailboxes: user@host1, user@host2, ...
    repl: -nocc me

  The Alternate-Mailboxes also tells scan which messages are really
  from you so that it can place the recipient in the scan line instead
  of the sender.

From: Jerry Peek <jpeek at jpeek.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1991 13:03:15 -0800

  To get one copy, you can either:

  - Take out the "-nocc me"... then you'll get exactly one copy of
    your replies (assuming all your addresses are listed in
    Alternate-Mailboxes), or

  - (See also "How can I save a copy of all messages I send?").

    For more info, see the man pages comp(1), repl(1), forw(1),
    dist(1) and mh-mail(5).

  See also MH book sections 7.8.2 (6.7.2), 9.8 (8.6), or the URLs:

    http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/book/mh/reprep-2.html#Sel
    http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/book/mh/defmai.html

From: Alec Wolman <wolman at crl.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1991 13:03:15 -0800

  Listing the name of a mailing list in Alternate-Mailboxes is also a
  convenient way to AVOID automatically cc-ing a mailing list when
  replying to a person who sent the message to the mailing-list.

From: Andre Srinivasan <asriniva at us.oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 09:33:19 -0800

  Rather than specify the hostname as part of the mailbox, you can
  simply specify the username and it will match on any host:

    Alternate-Mailboxes: asriniva

Previous Document: 05.02 How do I include messages in repl with or without ">"?
Next Document: 05.04 How can I include my signature?