Next Document: 02.09 How can I build MH on IRIX?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 02:19:58 -0500

  nmh should build out of the box for most Linux systems.

From: Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 1999 23:04:53 -0800

  The Debian distribution of Linux comes with an MH and nmh packages.
  See

    http://www.debian.org/.

  See also http://www.gw.com/mail/mh/patches/linux/.

From: "James A. Robinson" <jimr at simons-rock.edu>
Date: 17 Apr 96 20:39:02 GMT

  Somebody on Debian ported it to Linux ELF. Look on
  ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/stable/binary/mail/ for
  the .deb package of MH (it's a compressed tar file). The source is
  in ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/stable/source/mail/
  and mh_6.8.4-13.diff.gz.

From: Brian Kirouac <bri at psa.pencom.com>
Date: 18 Apr 96 14:00:20 GMT

  If you are running Redhat and have rpm available you can also use
  ftp://???/pub/redhat-3.0.3/i386/RedHat/RPMS/mh-6.8.3-5.i386.rpm. The
  source code is in
  ftp://???/pub/redhat-3.0.3/i386/SRPMS/mh-6.8.3-5.i386.rpm

From: "Brandon S. Allbery" <bsa at kf8nh.wariat.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 16:18:50 -0800

  The current patch is the first one listed below. The old patch only
  works with libc-4.4, which is no longer used. The current patch is
  split into two pieces, as with the previous patch, but now the
  divisions are purely functional: the first diff enables MH to
  compile, the second allows creation of a shared library. [The paths
  are up to date, but I think the info in this paragraph is old. --Ed]

  Recent versions of GNU make choke on MH's makefiles. Unfortunately,
  the shared library patches depend on "export". If you have problems
  building MH, remove the "export" lines from all of the makefiles (if
  you applied the shared library patches) and try using BSD pmake
  instead.

  If you don't want to compile MH, the second file contains
  pre-compiled ready-to-run binaries which can simply be extracted in
  the root directory.

    ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Mail/readers/
    ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/Mail/readers/

  The sizes are 650k and 22k respectively.

  Note that these files are occasionally "cleaned up" by accident so
  please let me know if they are missing.

Previous Document: 02.07 How can I build MH on Solaris 2?
Next Document: 02.09 How can I build MH on IRIX?