Next Document: 02.08 How can I build MH on Linux?
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 02:19:58 -0500

  nmh builds out of the box on Solaris.

From: Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 15:56:31 -0700

  See http://www.gw.com/mail/mh/patches/solaris/ for patches you may need.

From: Neil Rickert <rickert at cs.niu.edu>,
	Scott K. Hutton <shutton at habanero.ucs.indiana.edu>,
	Casper H.S. Dik <casper at fwi.uva.nl>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 1996 15:57:25 -0700

  First, don't use the BSD compatible stuff. Make sure that the Sun or
  GNU compiler appear before the BSD compiler in your PATH (e.g.,
  /usr/ccs/bin).

  Second, don't use GNU make. Make sure that the Sun make appears
  before the GNU make in your PATH.

  Use conf/examples/solaris2.sun.com and fix the paths, if necessary.
  Optionally change the following to use the GNU compiler, to perform
  optimization, and to create shared libraries.

    cc              gcc
    ccoptions       -O -g -msupersparc
    slflags         -shared

  Fix mhn.c with the diff in

    http://www.gw.com/mail/mh/patches/solaris/si_value_2.3.

  Optionally incorporate the Content-Length header fix. (See "How can
  I get MH to interpret the Content-Length field?")

  Linking with /usr/ucblib/libucb.so is incompatible with including
  <dirent.h>.

  When compiling, you can ignore the following warning:

    fmtcompile.c, line 238: warning: semantics of "/" change in ANSI C;
    use explicit cast

  If you're using AFS, you'll have to replace any occurrence of "ln"
  with "ln -s" wherever the make dies when it tries to make a link "on
  a different file system."

  See also ftp://ftp.fwi.uva.nl/pub/solaris/solaris2.faq.

Date: Thu, 1 Dec 1994 00:00:00 -0800

  Unset LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

From: Gary Strand <strandwg at ncar.ucar.edu>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 00:00:00 -0800

  To cure slocal's Segmentation Fault problems, I decided to try 'cc'
  instead of 'gcc' (an alleged no-no under Solaris) and MH built just
  fine, and it's working perfectly.

From: "Jason R. Mastaler" <jason at Mastaler.COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 1995 17:35:13 -0400

  Don't use "ldoptions -s" with gcc. It may cause the compile to fail
  with:

    gcc: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 11
    *** Error code 1

From: "Jeffrey T. Eaton" <jeaton at galt.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Apr 1997 15:30:36 GMT

  Fixed [DBM_PAGFNO_NOT_AVAILABLE error] by getting the latest gdbm
  package, compiling and installing it and the dbm/ndbm compatability
  stuff, and moving Sun's broken ndbm.h out of /usr/include.

  To fix "../sbr/libmh.so: undefined reference to
  `__builtin_va_arg_incr'", add "option __BUILTIN_VA_ARG_INCR" to your
  MH configuration.

Previous Document: 02.06 Why does "mailgroup mail" only affect inc but not slocal?
Next Document: 02.08 How can I build MH on Linux?