FAQ Maintainers Mailing List
[faq-maintainers] We have both options already...

---------

From: Bob Heeter (heeter1@llnl.gov)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 17:22:21 CST

I have voted to keep the Reply-to-Sender option for the non-digest mode.

I suspect that there is a Silent Majority of lurkers like me who find this
list most valuable as a source of expert/reference information,
not debate/conversation/community. In that case it's not unreasonable
to require posters to take that extra second or two to think about what
they are posting (as they type in the list address) before making everyone
else on the list spend time reading it. Sometimes it is worth
sacrificing the convenience of the few for the convenience of the many. :)

-- Bob

P.S. Those who do want easy replies may be interested in knowing that
the digest mode of this list is currently set with Reply-to: List
as the default. However, then you need to remember to change the
Subject: line before sending a reply... :)