FAQ Maintainers Mailing List
[faq-maintainers] Re: Using ADD

---------

From: Rubywand (rubywand@swbell.net)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 01:47:15 CST

> re. Using ADD
> David Alex Lamb <dalamb@cs.queensu.ca> writes ...
>
> Long ago, you asked for 24 parts for the apple2 FAQ, but only posted 23. When
> you "added" part 24, an archive name for it was already in our index.
> Aside from minor anomalies like this, you need to get us to add a new part to
> our index file before adding the part via the FAQ server.

     That clears up the mystery.

> This of course raises the issue of how you'd get parts added in a timely
> manner. Now seems a reasonable time to suggest that if someone has a minor
> change like this (new parts, maintainer mail address change) you mail to
> news-answers-request with a [change] flag in the subject. In the past, at
> random intervals I'd look for messages in the queue with "Change" in the
> subject; this would just formalize the idea.

     Good idea. Our faqs will probably need a couple more parts. (Beyond
that, it will be time to consider moving some stuff to locally maintained,
non-posted, "FAQs Resource" files.) I'll check and send in a request.

> I've added part 25.

     Thanks! Thanks, too, to Nick Boalch and Edward Reid for their
suggestions.

Rubywand