FAQ Maintainers Mailing List
[faq-maintainers] Need advice on split-up

---------

From: Mees Roelofs (roelofs@f2s.com)
Date: Sat Aug 18 2001 - 11:09:19 CDT

The FAQ I'm maintaining (rec.sport.rugby.union - sports/rugby-union-faq)
currently has a length of 800 lines and a size of 36 Kb and it's growing. I
think it's time to split the document into a multi-part document.

I've got the submission guidelines and documents alike downloaded, but I
can't find any guidelines on the way to split the document.

The FAQ is roughly made up as follows:
1. Preface and contents - 35 lines
2. Introduction to rec.sport.rugby.union - 242 lines
3. Introduction to Rugby Union - 410 lines
4. Rugby Union on the Internet - 135 lines

I think it would be most sensible to keep this structure, despite the huge
differences in length between the four sections. However, is this view
shared by 'those who know'? And is a seperate part with the contents in it
adviseable?

Thanks and kind regards,

--
Mees Roelofs (roelofs@f2s.com * ICQ:68345974)
"The vast majority of our imports come from outside the country."