FAQ Maintainers Mailing List
Re: [faq-maintainers] Text > HTML + Usenet Utility?

---------

From: Charles MacDonald (cmacd@achilles.net)
Date: Sun Aug 05 2001 - 07:46:41 CDT

Paul Hilling wrote:

> I used to have a utility, that took my source code for several FAQ's, and
> used that code to generate both an HTML version for my website, and a
> formatted version for posting through the FAQ server.

Just to be complete , there is a local fellow (local to me anyway 8-> )
who has a package (in python) called make faq

http://www.lodestar2.com/software/makefaq/

I have not seen this in action, but the fellow is a profesional
documentation writer, so it is probaly OK. It is on my list of packages
to look at if my little FAQs ever get to the point where I can't just
edit them in HTML, and get a browser to fake out a text version.

I am not sure if python is happly avalable for WinDoze

--
Charles MacDonald Stittsville Ontario
...Just beyond the fringe