FAQ Maintainers Mailing List
Re: [faq-maintainers] Moderation - What's it about then?

---------

From: Baglady Lani (lani@lava.net)
Date: Sun Nov 12 2000 - 00:03:44 CST

On Sat, 11 Nov 2000, Matthew Hambley wrote:
>Given all this discussion concerning the lack of moderators I, for one,
>would be interested to find out what is involved in being a moderator.

The problem is not a lack of moderators.

The problem is the lack of TRAINED moderators. There are already five
people who have signed up (including myself) who have gotten some
accounts and configurations set up so we can start learning.

The training is what's being held up. If you were to volunteer, you'd
also end up waiting for your training and it wouldn't change anything.

--
\0/ "Packing tips for one-bag trips" | Baglady Lani Teshima, MLIS/tech writer
 |D The Travelite.FAQ--Get enLITEned | <lani@lava.net> IM/eBay: Traveliter
/<   at <http://www.travelite.org>   | Home: http://www.lava.net/~lani
soc.culture.hawaii co-moderator, Mouseplanet columnist, Black Rock Ranger