Re: future of RTFM *.answers archives

---------

Angela Boyko (neptune@surfcity.nb.ca)
Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:48:14

At 12:12 PM 3/26/1999 -0500, you wrote:

>BTW
>The fact that lynx (or equivent) is used in many places to pass on the
>information indicates that anyone who does have an FAQ on the web should
>try their page with lynx, just so that someone does not get an e-mail some
>day that says
>
>[IMAGE]
> [ISMAP] [IMAGE]
> [IMAGE]
> copyright [IMAGE]

I used to have only lynx at my disposal, and I totally agree! I've put
<alt> descriptions in my few images and tested out my pages to make sure
I'm not turning away someone who just has lynx. And I won't use frames for
the same reason. I did volunteer work with a freenet that uses the Chebucto
suite, and many of our users are seniors and people with low incomes. They
shouldn't be denied information any more than the rest of us, based on what
browser they are using.

Angela

* Coming at you from New Brunswick, Canada, eh? Via neptune@surfcity.nb.ca
* Standard weg page plug: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4439/index.html
* My doll page: http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/4439/doll.html
* May the Force Be With You

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved