Re: future of RTFM *.answers archives

---------

Mike Hamilton (michaelh@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca)
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:20:33 -0700

Gerald E. Boyd wrote:

> At 11:47 AM 3/23/1999 -0800, Thamer Al-Herbish wrote the following:
>
> >The only reason I find to post a FAQ to the actual newsgroup is so
> >that the newbie will pick it up while reading the newsgroup. As for
> >its availability, a webpage is doing that job just fine. It would be
> >nice if we could update the FAQs without neccesarily posting it
> >completely and just post pointers.
> >After all, who doesn't have web access these days? (*duck*)
>
> Millions of users around the world. I deal with 3000+ at a time on the
> ACCMAIL list.
> Too many people think that everybody has web access but I know for a
> fact that most of the 3rd world doesn't.

Actually, I think that Thamer was saying that everyone who has newsgroup
access will also have web access. Which is a very reasonable assumption.
I don't think he would be mad enough to assume that everyone (all 5 or so
billion of us) has web access.

Right?

Mike Hamilton

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved