Re: Future of FAQ Archives..

---------

Danny R. Faught (faught@rsn.hp.com)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:30:09 -0600

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 04:04:53PM -0600, Kent Landfield wrote:
> ??? I'm a bit confused here. One of the main reasons I foot the bill here
> is because I have been lamblasted for even suggesting the addition of "ads"
> on faq.org index pages. (I'm not talking about the FAQ pages themselves,
> I'm talking about just the index pages.) I completely understand that and
> so honor the authors's requests by not putting ads on index pages for their
> faqs. Yahoo and other search engines do a good job of raking in the bucks
> doing just that. And why target just one search engine ? Many people don't
> yahoo. ;)

My reasons for targetting the seach engines is because that where many
people go looking for information. And when they look, they should
find our FAQS. :-) If faqs.org isn't as comprehensive as the web
search engines, it won't become a primary search site - it needs to be
linked into the broad search engines.

I think the issue of advertising is orthgonal to this.

-Danny

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved