(no subject)

---------

Jari Aalto+list.faq (jari.aalto@poboxes.com)
10 Mar 1999 16:49:59 +0200

* Mon 1999-03-08 Danny Faught <faught@rsn.hp.com> list.faq

| On Mon, Mar 08, 1999 at 05:39:08PM +0200, Jari Aalto+list.faq wrote:
| > Pointing people to www.faqs.org instead of my University's ftp disk
| > is also more educating.
|
| I'm also pointing to faqs.org, and also to a secondary site that is
| manually updated. I didn't appreciate the backup until I ran into a
| news propagation problem for a while that let faqs.org get out of
| date..
|
| > Is it possible to ftp upload documents in HTML format directly to
| > the faqs.org just like the CPAN does for authors? (they use HTTPS Author
| > ID and password)
|
| It's just a mirror of rtfm.mit.edu. Just post your FAQ, and it'll get
| updated from there.

Erm. I don't want to post the TEXT file but the nicely generated
3 part HTML4/CSS2 framed HTML docs, that are now located in my University's
server. They need a BASE element configured in order to be installed correcly
in the HTTP/FTP directory.

I'm looking for an FTP directory in rtfm.mit.ed where I could move the
documents. As I understand RTFM only carries text files now. I would
like to see HTMLised files in there.

To date I have only announced pointers to these and not the
actual documents which are too big.

jari

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved