re: FAQ UPDATE command problems

---------

Thomas David Kehoe (charles.macdonald@hrdc-drhc.gc.ca)
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:03:41 -0400

ERR:

Are you trying to do an update by specifing an archive neme in the subject

Subject: update <password> support/stuttering ?

You should just use update and the password, the script takes the archive
name from the posting.. The only time you need to put the archive name in is
when you are changing it, (or deleting it)

Charles MacDonald - Labour Information Management
< My own Opinion unless Otherwise Credited >
---------- Original Text ----------

From: "Thomas David Kehoe" <kehoe@casafuturatech.com>, on 1999/07/29 11:02 AM:
To: INET["FAQ-Maintainers" <faq-maintainers@lists.consensus.com>]

I'm trying to use the UPDATE command with faq-server@penguin-lust.mit.edu to
update my FAQ. The first rejection said:

"attempt to change a posting's archive name to a name that's already in
use."

So I changed the archive name from "support/stuttering" to
"support/stuttering2". Now I get this rejection:

"Archive-name has not been approved by *.answers moderators."

In other words, I can't update my FAQ because it has the same name as my old
FAQ, and I can't give the new FAQ a new name. What should I do?

Here are my headers: