Re: FAQ postings mistaken for Supersedes (HipCrime) attacks?

---------

Anthony Argyriou (anthony@alphageo.com)
Sat, 24 Oct 1998 07:36:01 -0700

>On Oct 23, 10:05, David Alex Lamb wrote:

>} Subject: Re: FAQ postings mistaken for Supersedes (HipCrime) attacks?
>} Some of us use about 3 days as the interval for biweekly miniFAQs. If we
>} consistently use 4 days instead, does that help your heuristics?

Are your biweekly miniFAQs (and FAQ pointers) really
being updated every three days? I imagine that such a high
frequency is required because of the short purge times on
so many news-servers. Why not forgo the "Supersedes" header
except when there is an update?

Anthony Argyriou
comp.graphics.apps.paint-shop-pro FAQ developer
http://www.alphageo.com/psp/index.html

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved