FAQ server question

---------

Monee C. Kidd (mkidd@apk.net)
Fri, 16 May 1997 13:10:47 -0400

I'm trying to add my Chocolate FAQ to the posting server and I'm running
into some problems. Hopefully someone here can point me in the right
direction.

When I send my post, the newsgroup line is as follows:

Newsgroups:
rec.food.chocolate,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.chocolate,alt.answers,rec.answers,n
ews.answers

In my mail program, that's all one line, word wrapped. However, my posting
gets bounced back to me, saying the newsgroup line is unparseable, and it's
returned like this:

Newsgroups:
rec.food.chocolate,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.chocolate,alt.answers,rec.answers,
ews.answers

I tried sending it like:

Newsgroups: rec.food.chocolate,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.chocolate,
alt.answers,rec.answers,news.answers

(whitespace errors) or

Newsgroups:
rec.food.chocolate,rec.food.cooking,alt.food.chocolate,alt.answers,rec.answers,
news.answers

(unparseable lines) - neither worked. I even widened the margins on my
outgoing mail so that the groups all appeared on one continuous line. No
joy. How do I solve this brain teaser?

--
The caged bird sings with fearful trill                |
of the things unknown but longed for still             |   Monee C. Kidd