Re: paper on FAQ's

---------

Ahasuerus (ahasuer@clark.net)
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 12:53:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 27 Apr 1995, Graham Mainwaring wrote:
> Surely, 2000-3000 is quite a high estimate for the size of the "silent
> readership?" Has anyone actually researched this? My guess would be an
> order of magnitude lower, but I have no real data to base this on. But I
> can't even begin to guess how one would go about estimating the actual
> readership of any given FAQ...

I check access stats of my HTTP server every few weeks to see what areas
are hit most often. It averages about 250 hits per day, but then I
maintain 4 FAQs and 3 lists on the Web...

Ahasuerus http://www.clark.net/pub/ahasuer/, including:
FAQs: rec.arts.sf.written, alt.fan.heinlein, alt.pulp, the Liaden Universe
Biblios: writing SF, the legend of the Wandering Jew, miscellaneous SF