See also 372. SLEEP .
- 1 . a tendency to daydream.
- 2 . Psychiatry . an extreme withdrawal into fantasy in thought or behavior, not correctible by external information. — autistic , adj .
- the interpretation of dreams. — oneirocritic , n . — oneirocritical , adj .
- Medicine . a disturbed sleep, involving nightmare and sometimes sleepwalking.
- the science and interpretation of dreams. Also oneiroscopy .
- a form of divination involving dreams. — oneiromancer , n .
- a type of magic-lantern show in which rapidly moving images blend, change size, etc.; hence, any series of images that move and change rapidly, as a dream. — phantasmagorial , phantasmagoric , adj .
- a nightmare.
- a person much inclined to dream, especially to day-dream; a dreamy person.