Motif FAQ (Part 6 of 9)
Times New Roman
Comic Sans MS
Search the FAQ Archives
Motif FAQ (Part 6 of 9)
- Part6 -
Business Photos and Profiles
See reader questions & answers on this topic! -
Help others by sharing your knowledge
Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic:
Show my email publicly
Type the code shown:
Archived related questions and answers
156) TOPIC: DRAWING AREA WIDGET
157) How can I send an expose event to a Drawing Area widget? (or
158) How can I know when a DrawingArea has been resized? It
159) How can I create a drawing area widget with a visual type
160) How can I display postscript in a Motif widget, such as
161) TOPIC: MAIN WINDOW WIDGET
162) How can I create a message window in an XmMainWindow?
163) TOPIC: SCROLLED WINDOW WIDGET
164) How do I tell if a scrolled window's scrollbars are visible?
165) How can I programatically scroll a XmScrolledWindow in
166) What widget does the XmScrolledWindow use for its clip window?
167) How do I create a scrolled window with only one scrollbar?
168) TOPIC: MENUS
169) How can I change the cursor used in Motif menus?
170) How do I put my help menu on the far right of my menubar?
171) Can I change or disable the menu bar accelerator from the
172) How do I set the current choice in a radio box or an option
173) How can I determine the item selected in a a radio box or
174) How can I change the cascade indicator on an option menu?
175) How do I unset an XmToggleButton in a radio box? If a radio-
176) Can I place a radio box in a pulldown menu?
177) How do I make a menu choice insensitive if it was created with
178) What widgets can I put inside a menubar?
179) Can I have a cascade button without a submenu in a pulldown
180) Should I have a cascade button without a submenu in a pulldown
181) What is the best way to create popup menus?
182) How do popup menus work?
183) How can I disable the button 3 grab if I am not using popup
184) Should I use translation tables or actions for popup menus?
185) What are the known bugs in popup menus?
186) Can I have multiple popup menus on the same widget?
187) How can I change the shell title of a tear-off menu?
188) Can I programmatically tear-off a menu?
189) What widgets are valid within Motif menus?
190) Can I create multi-column popup or pulldown menus?
191) How can I keep my program from hanging if a user activates a
192) TOPIC: DRAG AND DROP
193) Where can I find info and examples of the Motif drag and drop
194) How can I disable Drag and Drop in my Motif 1.2 client ?
195) Can I register client data for the Motif XmDropSite drop
196) Can unmanged widgets be valid (drag-and-drop) drop sites?
197) TOPIC: INPUT FOCUS
198) How can I specify the widget that should have the keyboard
199) How can I specify my own keyboard traversal order?
200) How can I determine which widget has keyboard focus?
201) How can I direct the keyboard input to a particular widget?
202) How can I have a modal dialog which has to be answered before
203) TOPIC: MEMORY AND SPEED
204) When can I free data structures passed to or retrieved from
205) What memory leaks are known? Why does my application grow in
206) Why do I get so many uninitilized memory read (UMR) errors when
207) Why does my application take a long time to start up?
208) My application is running too slowly. How can I speed it up?
209) Why is my application so huge?
210) How can I improve performance when creating and deleting
211) After I call XtSetValues, when will I see the changes in my
212) TOPIC: XMSTRING
213) What string functions differ in Motif 1.1 and 1.2? Is
214)* How can I get the ASCII text out of an XmString?
215) When can XmStrings used as resources be freed?
216) Why doesn't XmStringGetNextSegment() work properly?
217) Why does using XmStringDraw cause a BadFont error?
218) How can I control color of individual strings to show status,
219) TOPIC: DIALOGS
220) How do I stop my dialog disappearing when I press the help
221) How do I make my own dialog? I want a dialog with my own set
222) Why do dialog title bars have "_popup" or "<-popup"
223) How can I force a dialog window to display?
224) How can I control placement of a popup widget? Each time a
225) How can I set the dialog's default button?
226) How can I create a dialog that behaves like, but looks a little
227) How can I use Motif's message dialog bitmaps in my own dialogs?
- Part6 -
Send corrections/additions to the FAQ Maintainer:
Last Update March 27 2014 @ 02:11 PM
Some parts © 2017 Advameg, Inc. |