Next Document: 05.10 Can the folder in Fcc: be dynamically specified?
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 1995 17:51:33 -0800

  I suggest the use of the Dcc: field (See "What is the Dcc header?"),
  since the use of "Dcc:" solves the issue of having the same
  Message-Id. The warning about using Dcc: in general contexts doesn't
  apply to self-blind-carbon copies, and if "Dcc:" is used and you are
  automatically sorting messages into folders based on mailing lists,
  messages which you send will get refiled in the same way. Some may
  prefer all outgoing messages to be segregated; others (including
  myself) prefer not to segregate outgoing messages.

From: Bill Wohler <wohler at newt.com>, Jerry Peek <jpeek at jpeek.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 1994 00:00:00 -0800

  Copy the components and replcomps files which are normally found in
  $MHLIB into your Mail directory and add a line like the following
  after the cc header:

    Fcc: +out

  All outgoing messages will then be saved in the +out folder. If you
  make a distcomps file, it needs "Resent-Fcc:".

From: Jeppe Sigbrandt <jay at elec.gla.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 1997 02:04:53 +0100

  You can also use @ in the Fcc field to file the outgoing message in
  the current folder.

    Fcc: @

  This is useful if you filter your mail (e.g., with procmail) and you
  read your mail in folders other than +inbox.

From: David S. Goldberg <dsg at linus.mitre.org>
Date: 30 Oct 1995 10:23:55 -0500

  You can get the Message-ID field by placing the folder in the "Fcc"
  field and adding:

    send: -msgid

  to your .mh_profile. Unfortunately, this Message-ID isn't as useful
  as sendmail's--it doesn't include the date.

Previous Document: 05.08 How can I change my From header?
Next Document: 05.10 Can the folder in Fcc: be dynamically specified?