Next Document: 04.07 How can I remove holes in numbering?
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 13:04:57 -0700

  Don't let them get in there in the first place. Add the following to
  your .promailrc:

    :0
    * ? formail -D 16384 $PM_CACHE/msgid
    /dev/null

  If it's too late, you might be interested in mhfinddup, attached
  below, which is an embellishment of the Perl script in (see
  "Removing duplicate messages (Perl)").

From: Jerry Peek <jpeek at jpeek.com>
Date: 20 Nov 1995 18:51:24 GMT

  The easiest way I know of is to sort the folder by the Message-ID
  field using the sortm(1) command.

  After the sort, each message should be next to its duplicates in the
  folder. Use a script (shell, Perl, etc.) to weed out the duplicates.
  (See "Removing duplicate messages (Bourne)").

  The Perl script in (see "Removing duplicate messages (Perl)") does
  not require that you first sort the folder.

Previous Document: !04.05 Are there any good tools to archive MH messages?
Next Document: 04.07 How can I remove holes in numbering?