Next Document: 03.12 Why does inc hang (on Sun)?
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 1995 12:23:51 -0800

  If MH has been compiled with RPOP, then the POP server host either
  needs to have your host in /etc/hosts.equiv or in your .rhosts file.
  Then add to your MH profile:

    inc: -host cuckoo

  given that "cuckoo" is the name of the your POP server.

From: Andy Norman <ange at hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 1 May 1995 00:00:00 -0800

  Assuming your POP server is called cuckoo, add an entry to your MH
  profile for 'inc' like so:

    inc: -noaudit -norpop -noapop -host cuckoo

  Add the following to ~/.netrc and ensure it is readable only by you
  (e.g., chmod 600 .netrc):

    machine cuckoo.domain.name login joeuser password secret

  Replace the hostname, login and password with your own, of course.
  The hostname probably has to be fully qualified (i.e., include the
  full domain name). This example assumes that you can send mail by
  other means (e.g., with SMTP).

Previous Document: 03.10 Can I read my mail with a Web browser?
Next Document: 03.12 Why does inc hang (on Sun)?