Next Document: 03.03 How can I search through multiple folders?
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 1995 12:32:09 -0800

  You can post via mail. Send your article to <mail2news at
  news.demon.co.uk> with a legitimate Newsgroups field.

From: Jerry Peek <jpeek at jpeek.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 00:00:00 -0800

  You can save articles in the news readers for later perusal with MH.

  First, create a symbolic link from your mail directory (e.g.,
  usenet) to your news directory (e.g., "ln -s ~/News ~/Mail/usenet").
  You can then treat your news directory as a mail folder. Thus, to
  select a news group, use "folder +usenet/comp/mail/mh".

  To set the default save location correctly in rn, use:

    rn -M -/

  or in your nn presentation sequence:

    news.announce.		+$F/$N
    comp.mail.mh		+
    .
    .

  If there's news spooled on your machine (that is, not via NNTP) then
  you can read a newsgroup with commands like:

    show first +/usr/spool/news/comp/mail/mh
    next

  You can also use sequences to keep track of what you've read. MH
  will automatically set a "cur" sequence in each newsgroup you read
  that way. So, to continue reading the newsgroup sometime later,
  after you've read some other folder, you can do:

    next +/usr/spool/news/comp/mail/mh

  and you'll read the next (new) article (if any) in that newsgroup.

  Note that this can eventually make your private context file pretty
  huge; if there's a group you don't read often, you can remove its
  context entries with a command like:

    rmf +/usr/spool/news/comp/mail/mh

  Don't try that on a folder full of mail (a folder that isn't
  read-only), though... in that case, it'll remove all the messages!

  I haven't looked into posting. It seems like it shouldn't be hard.
  You could set up a "sendproc" that would look at outgoing email
  messages. If the message had a Newsgroups: header field, your
  sendproc could call inews(1) instead of post(8). I haven't seen much
  in the MH manpages or documentation about sendprocs (though I
  haven't looked for a couple of years...). See the "mysend" script in
  the MH book section 7.1.4 (13.13), or the URL:

    http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/book/mh/senove.html#ASAtDm

  A threaded news reader like trn or tin is so much nicer, though,
  that reading news with MH may not be worth the hassle.

  See also MH book section 9.9 (8.7), or the URL:

    http://rand-mh.sourceforge.net/book/mh/shafol.html

From: Stephen Gildea <gildea at stop.mail-abuse.org>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 1991 13:03:15 -0800

  Although news readers are better, if one really wants to use MH, bbc
  will do the job. For example, "bbc comp.mail.mh" reads this
  newsgroup. To enable bbc, you have to specify "bboards" when you
  build MH.

From: Kimmo Suominen <kim at tac.nyc.ny.us>
Date: 15 Aug 1996 18:18:10 GMT

  Sendmail v8 comes with MAILER(pop) which was written for the MH
  spop. Since I use bboards with NNTP, I never looked at the bboards
  setup.

Date: Tue, 1 Nov 1994 00:00:00 -0800

  See mhunify in (see also "What other MH software is available?").

Previous Document: 03.01 What do I do if scan shows the wrong date?
Next Document: 03.03 How can I search through multiple folders?