Next Document: !02.17 How can I build MH on a Mac?
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 20:57:19 -0700

  I have gotten MH-E to work on Windows (under Cygwin) using Earl
  Hood's patched nmh. It was really quite simple, but not very
  portable. I just needed to add/subtract "c:/cygwin" from a couple of
  places. Now it can read and send mail (even does PGP attachments).
  Thought this might be of interest to those of you stuck using
  Windows at work.

From: Earl Hood <ehood at earlhood.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 20:30:44 GMT

  I've made a tar/bz2 bundle available at

    <http://www.nacs.uci.edu/indiv/ehood/tmp/nmh-1.0.4-ehood-cygwin.tar.bz2>

  This includes the patched source with binaries pre-built.

  I just remembered that I also had to hack the makefiles to get
  things to install since windoze executables have to end with .exe. I
  hacked the generated makefiles, so if you rerun configure, you may
  lose the hacks. Also, I believe the install will fail when trying to
  install the documentation, so to force things do:

    make -i install

  The binaries and support files should get installed (under
  /usr/local/nmh), but the docs probably won't.

  Then you will need to edit /usr/local/nmh/etc/mts.conf to reflect
  your local configuration.

  If anyone has any problems installing, I could zip up my
  /usr/local/nmh since I think it contains everything needed for
  runtime usage.

From: Bill Goffe <goffe at oswego.edu>
Date: 25 May 1999 18:13:55 GMT

  If you have Windows, consider looking at VMware

    http://www.vmware.com/

  which provides a virtual machine where you can run Unix and
  therefore MH under Windows.

From: Ted Nolan <ted at ags.ga.erg.sri.com>
Date: 24 May 99 17:20:27 GMT

  The latest Cygnus Cygwin, GNU tools that run under Windows,

    http://www.cygwin.com/

  seems to work pretty well and may well be able to build nmh.

Previous Document: 02.15 Do any POP/IMAP servers handle MH format?
Next Document: !02.17 How can I build MH on a Mac?