Next Document: 02.16 How can I build MH on Windows?
Date: 27 May 1997 07:24:34 GMT

  The University of Washington POP3 and IMAP servers can be backended
  by a variety of stores, including MH. This is the basis for
  Netscape's store, curiously enough. I haven't looked closely at how
  Mark Crispin implemented support for the new IMAP4 features when
  using an MH backend; it seems like there is a lot of computation
  when opening a folder for the first time, writing in the UID fields
  and such. But it basically appears to work.

From: Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon at MessagingDirect.COM>
Date: 27 Jul 1999 11:36:25 -0600

  But [the UW IMAP server] can't delete/expunge from MH folders. (At
  least I've never been able to get it to work, and I've tried just
  about everything.) #mh in UW imapd isn't something I'd recommend to
  any serious MH user.

From: Mark Crispin <mrc at CAC.Washington.EDU>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 14:43:25 -0700

  > But it can't delete/expunge from MH folders.

  That's a very old version. delete/expunge has been in imap-4.x for a
  long while. However, there's no sticky flags.

  > #mh in UW imapd isn't something I'd recommend to any serious MH user.

  The converse is also true. The two don't play ball very well.

From: Dieter Weber <dieter at Compatible.COM>
Date: 11 Feb 2003 04:23:38 -0800

  The UW imap server supports MH folders. In order to see the MH
  mailboxes, you need to "subscribe" to the folders or add them to the
  .mailboxlist file in your home directory.

Previous Document: 02.14 How can I build MH on OS/2?
Next Document: 02.16 How can I build MH on Windows?