Search the FAQ Archives

3 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M
N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z - Internet FAQ Archives

[misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Section - 28. What is a Returning Resident Permit (RRP)?

( Single Page )
[ Usenet FAQs | Web FAQs | Documents | RFC Index | Houses ]

Top Document: [misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Previous Document: 27. Is the 183 rule 183 days in a year, or is it 183 days in=20 any consequitive 12 months?
Next Document: 29. Will my child have Canadian Citizenship if born in Canada?
See reader questions & answers on this topic! - Help others by sharing your knowledge
If immigrants are out of Canada for more than six months in any 12-month
period, they will require a Returning Resident Permit to re-enter Canada.
While such permits can be applied for either in Canada or overseas, they
can only be applied for after the individual has been landed. A Returning
Resident Permit is useful in that it shows the immigrant has not abondoned
Canada as his/her place of residence.  For absences shorter than 6 months,
there is no need for an RRP.

User Contributions:

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic: