Search the FAQ Archives

3 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M
N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z - Internet FAQ Archives

[misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Section - 19. Can I be a Canadian PR and hold a US Green Card at the same= time?

( Single Page )
[ Usenet FAQs | Web FAQs | Documents | RFC Index | Schools ]

Top Document: [misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Previous Document: 18. I have to go back to my/a third country to finish my school/contract/work, can I do it?=20
Next Document: 20. I have a car and I want to import it into Canada, can I do it?
See reader questions & answers on this topic! - Help others by sharing your knowledge
Yes, but not indefinitely.  One cannot be a permanent resident in two
countries at the same time, so sooner or later you'd have to choose one of
the countries in question.  Having a US Green Card, applying to the DV
lotteries etc. does not effect your eligibility and ultimate acquistion of
Canadian PR.

User Contributions:

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic: