Search the FAQ Archives

3 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M
N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z - Internet FAQ Archives

[misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Section - 18. I have to go back to my/a third country to finish my school/contract/work, can I do it?=20

( Single Page )
[ Usenet FAQs | Web FAQs | Documents | RFC Index | Houses ]

Top Document: [misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Previous Document: 17. My dependants will not be accompanying me to Canada,=20 do I have to include them in my application?
Next Document: 19. Can I be a Canadian PR and hold a US Green Card at the same= time?
See reader questions & answers on this topic! - Help others by sharing your knowledge

This is of course possible, but beware of the so-called 183 rule.  If you
need more time, you might choose to apply for a Returning Resident Permit
(RRP), so as not to lose your Canadian PR status.  Finishing advanced
studies, contract work, liquidating your assets, or an illness in the
family are all acceptable reasons for leaving Canada temporarily and will
not have an adverse effect on your PR, provided that the absence is not
very long and/or the reasons for leaving are well documented and the PR=20
returns to Canada soon after the completion of the reason for being abroad.

User Contributions:

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic: