Search the FAQ Archives

3 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M
N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z - Internet FAQ Archives

[misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Section - 12. Can I change the province/city I intend to land?

( Single Page )
[ Usenet FAQs | Web FAQs | Documents | RFC Index | Counties ]

Top Document: [misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Previous Document: 11. Can I apply for the SIN and provincial health insurance before
Next Document: 13. Can I practice another profession than my "Intended= Occupation"?
See reader questions & answers on this topic! - Help others by sharing your knowledge
For applicants in the skilled worker category, you do not have to land in=
city and/or province that you have indicated in your IMM008 form.  There IS
caveat, however.  If you have indicated a non-Quebec destination but try to
in Quebec, you might have problems at the border, since Quebec has the
authority to choose its own immigrants, and has a slightly different
procedure.  If you do have to land in Quebec without a CSQ, you should be
able to
show that you are continuing on to a destination outside Quebec.  Evidence
for this
can be in form of an ongoing airline ticket, a lease, an off-Quebec job
offer, etc.
Landing in Victoria, BC, while your intended destination had been Toronto,=
however, will not present you with a problem.  The exception to this is
Class/Entetrpreneur applicants, since the minimum investment conditions on
granting of such visas differ from province to province.

User Contributions:

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic: