Search the FAQ Archives

3 - A - B - C - D - E - F - G - H - I - J - K - L - M
N - O - P - Q - R - S - T - U - V - W - X - Y - Z - Internet FAQ Archives

[misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Section - 11. Can I apply for the SIN and provincial health insurance before

( Single Page )
[ Usenet FAQs | Web FAQs | Documents | RFC Index | Schools ]

Top Document: [misc.immigration.canada] Frequently Asked Questions (02/98)
Previous Document: 10. What is the National Occupational Classification (NOC)=20 and where can I find the NOC descriptions?
Next Document: 12. Can I change the province/city I intend to land?
See reader questions & answers on this topic! - Help others by sharing your knowledge

For Canadian Permanent Residence applicants, it is not possible to apply for=
the SIN before completing the landing formalities.  Similarly, provincial
insurance cannot be applied for before landing and even after landing you
be able to demonstrate that you are a resident of the province (ie. rent
mailing address (no PO Boxes), utility bills etc.)  Most provincial health
have a waiting period of 3 months before they cover you, so it is best if=
apply for the health plan of your province as soon as possible after
landing. =20
People who have been inside Canada prior to landing, either on student or
authorizations may already have SINs and/or may be covered by the Health
please check with your provincial authorities.

User Contributions:

Comment about this article, ask questions, or add new information about this topic: