re: [faq-maintainers] never-posted "FAQ"

From: charles.macdonald@hrdc-drhc.gc.ca
Date: Fri Aug 09 2002 - 10:31:10 CDT

In the situation, having pointer is a good idea. I personally see little
value in actually "posting" it, as it would make no sense in the context of
the news Group. (at Least in its present form)

I would suggest, that the static version might benefit by the addition of the
archive names that have been assigned to the two new versions. (as compared
to Archive-name: alt-usage-english-faq) as well as URI information to the
archive copies of the new Faqs at RTFM and FAQS.ORG. That way someone who
for example used a FTP-by-mail gateway or some other non-standard method to
get the "posting" would have a way to actually get to the "real" FAQs

example ftp://RTFM.MIT.edu/usenet/lalala
                http://www.faqs.org/faqs/lalala

If you were to ask the maintainer to post it to usenet - the information
referred to in the "where are the FAQs posting" that is referenced should
probably be included in what goes out to usenet.

Personal opinion, not speaking for and all that...

Charles MacDonald - Labour Information Management
< My own Opinion unless Otherwise Credited >