FAQ Maintainers Mailing List
Re: [faq-maintainers] Is there anyone out there?

---------

From: Nick Boalch (n.g.boalch@wanadoo.es)
Date: Mon Nov 26 2001 - 11:40:13 CST

James Andrewartha wrote:

> I've tried to get my FAQ approved by the *.answers moderators (it doesn't
> get thorugh the automatic FAQ checker because I'm crossposting to a
> moderated .announce newsgroup) two times, but in each case I have
> received no response from the several emails I've sent to
> news-answers-request@mit.edu. I was just sitting on this and hoping I'd
> get a response sooner or later, but a few days ago I got a bounce message
> saying one of my emails had not been collected after 30 days (funky
> demon.co.uk mailsystem). So, my question is, is anyone receiving mail at
> news-answers-request@mit.edu, or is it all effectively ending up in
> /dev/null?

It's being received but right at the minute we're back in a situation
where not much of it is being processed.

The state of play is this: of the currently active moderators, David is
not well, Duane is snowed under with work and I have just moved from
England to Spain (with all the stress that moving involves, augmented
by several factors of magnitude by doing it internationally).

I should be in a situation fairly soon where I can start moderating
again, and hopefully things will get back quickly to the stage we
were at a couple of months ago, where new requests were being
processed quickly while we worked gradually to clear the backlog
from the unfortunate no-active-moderators situation last year.

Nick

--
It doesn't pay to make predictions, sleeping on an unmade bed,
Finding out wherever there is comfort there is pain.