FAQ Maintainers Mailing List
Re: [faq-maintainers] How many group do you submit to

---------

From: Andrew Gierth (andrew@erlenstar.demon.co.uk)
Date: Wed Nov 07 2001 - 09:26:58 CST

>>>>> "SiKing" == SiKing <siking@myrealbox.com> writes:

 SiKing> Hey all,
 SiKing> Haven't seen much traffic on this list lately...

 SiKing> Anyway, I just wanted to get the opinion of the group on
 SiKing> sumtin': The ng that I have my FAQ for also has an
 SiKing> appropriate binary group. Do people generally submit their
 SiKing> FAQ to both the group the FAQ belongs in as well as the
 SiKing> binary one? Specifically in my case (and I thought this was
 SiKing> weird), the group for my FAQ is under the rec hierarchy, but
 SiKing> the binary group is under the alt hierarchy; therefore I
 SiKing> would have to have my FAQ go to both the rec.answers as well
 SiKing> alt.answers. This seems like too much like a pain the a@@,
 SiKing> but I though I would get the opinion from this list first.

Crossposting your FAQ to a binary group may adversely affect its
retention on many systems.

I would suggest a short periodic post in the binary group consisting
of a pointer to the FAQ proper.

--
Andrew.