FAQ Maintainers Mailing List
RE: [faq-maintainers] Political spam?

---------

From: Andrew D. Taylor (af883@freenet.carleton.ca)
Date: Tue Jan 16 2001 - 20:09:49 CST

Previously, annie@geekbabe.com wrote:

>Am I the only one who received a two-thousand line plus political
>message? I don't know how they got my address but I have a feeling
>it's from one of the mailing lists I'm on. The copy I got was
>addressed to people beginning with "a". Our abuse guy and I am trying
>to find out where this is coming from. Thanks.
>
>annie :)

Yeah, I got it. It was about 123K of text, including the statement "This is
not spam, it's human rights." I should add that phrase, "This is not spam,"
as a junk mail trigger on my mail filters.

--
Andrew D. Taylor  af883@freenet.carleton.ca
http://www.renc.igs.net/~adt/

They say the memory is the second thing to go...can't recall the first...