Re: no MIME! plus *.answers update

From: Paul Hilling (p.hilling@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Feb 04 2000 - 16:09:20 CST

>From: David Alex Lamb <dalamb@cs.queensu.ca>

>>I've just taken over another FAQ from the previous maintainer (he no
>>longer has the time to maintain it). If I submit it now, what's the
>>queue time like?

>For submissions via the faq checker, the turnaround at the moment is: the
>next time I log in, currently once a week in a bad week or 3-4 times per
>week in a good week (this is a good week).

OK, how do I submit it to the FAQ checker? I've only posted or sent FAQ's
to the FAQ server direct.

>I did spot your stuff in our queue, so I suppose I could just pull it out
>and handle it as with the [submitted] ones,

Interesting, I shouldn't have anything in the queue. I've got one FAQ
that's autoposted by the penguin server, one I post myself (cos I don't post
it to *.answers), and the one I'm about to submit... So I'm wondering what
this one I have in the queue is? Is it really mine? <g>

>but - I'd rather avoid a flood of similar requests

I can understand that. <g>

> - the FAQ checker makes my job easier; if you pass the FAQ checker I
>just need to check the subject line and make sure the archive name makes
>sense (we're trying to stop adding top-level categories).

Actually I think the previous version (of the alt.fan.renee-oconnor FAQ,
which is the one I've just taken over), is on faqs.org. Does faqs.org pick
non *.answers posted FAQ's, or only ones that get approval?

--
Paul Hilling

New to ATX? Read the FAQ @ http://www.bigfoot.com/~p.hilling/atx-faq.htm [Paul's Gabby Grotto http://www.bigfoot.com/~p.hilling/xena.htm]

No computer components were harmed during the creation of this e-mail, however several billion electrons were abused to ensure its safe delivery.