Re: no MIME! plus *.answers update

From: David Alex Lamb (dalamb@cs.queensu.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2000 - 06:48:56 CST

> >I previously didn't think about those, so didn't give them special
> >treatment. Today I pulled yours (from Sep 26) and the only other (from Nov
> >20) and will handle them next.
>
> I've just taken over another FAQ from the previous maintainer (he no longer
> has the time to maintain it). If I submit it now, what's the queue time
> like?

For submissions via the faq checker, the turnaround at the moment is: the next
time I log in, currently once a week in a bad week or 3-4 times per week in a
good week (this is a good week).

For stuff just posted or mailed normally -- well, I'm still working on some
items from late September.

I did spot your stuff in our queue, so I suppose I could just pull it out and
handle it as with the [submitted] ones, but
- I'd rather avoid a flood of similar requests
- the FAQ checker makes my job easier; if you pass the FAQ checker I just
  need to check the subject line and make sure the archive name makes sense
  (we're trying to stop adding top-level categories).