Re: Looking at were we are...

---------

Edward Reid (edward@paleo.org)
Tue, 25 May 99 00:11:45 -0400

Paul Hilling writes:
> >send /pub/faqs/tv/xena-wp/About
>
> Ugh!! Not good with multi-part FAQ's then. This method just entails
> sending 5 e-mails to get all 5 parts. That is unless, there's an alias for
> all the parts. This feasible?

You can place multiple 'send' commands in a single email.

You can also get help by sending a 'help' command.

The above are documented in the news.answers guidelines,
section 3.1:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/news-answers/guidelines/

The diabetes FAQ has instructions for retrieving all seven
parts in this way:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/diabetes/faq/part1/section-3.html

The instructions have been there for several years.
Sometimes I think about removing them, but then someone
like Gerald Boyd reminds me how many people still have
email-only access. I was in that position for quite a
while, and I don't want to be one of those who forgets the
rear guard.

Edward Reid

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved