Re: Future of FAQ Archives..

---------

Danny R. Faught (faught@rsn.hp.com)
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:30:22 -0600

On Fri, Mar 12, 1999 at 07:54:44AM -0500, David Alex Lamb wrote:
> I suppose it's conceivable to try to contact the hierarchical portals (like
> Yahoo) and see about working out some sort of blanket deal to include "all"
> the FAQs somehow. Does this seem like a reasonable idea? We might be able to
> work out some correspondence between the news.answers archive names and the
> yahoo hierarchical structure that would make their job easier.

Sounds good to me. My FAQ helpers constantly point out to me that our
FAQ is not nearly as visible on the search engines as it ought to be.
Even with searches that directly target the FAQ, it won't show up on the
first several pages of hits.

-Danny

© Copyright The Internet FAQ Consortium, 1997
All rights reserved